Skin allergies like eczema, hives etc. are very common problems. The main causes of these troubles are still unknown. However you can find plenty of medications at your local drug store that treat these allergies. The downside of these medications is that they may have the risk of side effects plus most of them are pretty expensive. How about treating the symptoms of skin allergies like redness of skin, itchiness and rashes naturally? Here we have a few effective home remedies to cure skin allergies in a safe and inexpensive way.
• Oatmeal: the anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory compounds found in oats works great for soothing itching and irritated skin. These natural moisturizers are also good for rashes and keep the redness at bay. You can simply soak yourself in an oatmeal bath, preparing it is very easy. Just pour a cup or two of plain, uncooked oat flour or rolled oats directly into the bathtub and your oatmeal bath is ready.
• Banana: swelling and inflammation on the skin due to some kind of allergy can be readily treated with a banana because of its antioxidant properties. This fruit is also loaded with potassium which helps in maintaining the fluid balance in the affected area of the skin. Simply eat the banana and instead of throwing away the peel, rub its inside on the affected skin and do not wash it for an hour. Repeat it several times a day to keep away itchiness.
• Green tea: Green tea is considered to be a promising source of anti-allergenic agents and is therefore used topically to cure many symptoms of skin allergies. If such symptoms appear in your sensitive area like your face, neck or genitals then you can soothe it topically with green tea. For this, prepare a strong cup of green tea by making use of two green tea bags. After steeping the tea bags for about 10 minutes, remove the tea bags and with the help of a cotton ball, apply the strong tea over the allergy spots. The symptoms are likely to reduce when applied frequently.
• Aloe Vera: aloe Vera is a good source of a strong anti-inflammatory component called B-sitosterol which effectively cures almost every kind of skin irritation and also healing sunburns. The anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties of aloe Vera are also helpful in soothing the skin and restraining many infections. One of the best ways to apply aloe Vera is by breaking off a fresh leaf from the aloe plant and cutting it open to squeeze the gel directly onto the infected skin and rub it with your fingers.
• Sandalwood: if your skin allergy is accompanied with a burning sensation, then sandalwood is the best cure for this. This is not usually found in every household, but you can definitely look for a packet of powdered sandalwood at the local grocery store. Make a paste of this powder with water and apply on the infected skin to get an immediate relief from the burning sensation.
All of the above mentioned remedies are free of complex chemicals and also easy on the wallet, while treating the skin allergies efficiently.