Sleep is a basic human need and is also as important as diet and exercise for maintaining a proper women’s health. Since sleeping is an activity that gives rest to our bodies, we can expect a productive day ahead. According to researches, 7 to 8 hours of sleep is necessary for everybody. A short lived insomnia hardly show any effect, but a chronic sleep loss can lead to various health issues including weight gain, decline in immunity and high blood pressure that can further lead to dangerous diseases.
Reasons to get enough sleep
Here we have a list of reasons as for why people especially women should get enough sleep daily.
- Sleep directly impacts the memory of a person. Through the process of memory consolidation, the brain, which is active during sleep, is allowed to commit new information to the memory of the individual. Hence, the memory power can be enhanced with a good sleep.
- Sleep deprivation affects the metabolism rate of the individual by slowing the process. Thus the carbohydrates are stored in forms of fats in the body and causes obesity. It also alters the hormonal level of the body leading to different diseases.
- People who suffer sleep loss are easily irritated. They are impatient and can not focus on their work. In other words we can say that sleep loss directly alters the mood of the person and also can make him/her pretty inactive.
- Chronic sleep loss can cause cardiovascular problems, stress issues and hypertension. It also is linked with altering immune system of an individual.
Solutions to sleep deprivation
All of the above reasons are enough to cause plenty risks to women’s health. Therefore getting an adequate amount of sleep is therefore important for women to keep up with their health. Now the question arises how? Well there are several ways to get the required amount of sleep including:
- Maintain a sleep pattern. For this you can minimize your TV watching, reduce the light and noise of your bedroom at least 30 minutes before going to bed.
- Include omega 3 rich foods in your diet as it is good for a better sleep hygiene and also to maintain the health of your skin. This essential nutrient is necessary as it is needed for generating hormone secreting cells and also power the neuro- transmitters in your body that help you in getting a proper sleep. Include flaxseeds, sardines ad salmons in your diet as these foods are a rich source of omega 3.
- You can add a daily 20 minutes of meditation in your daily schedule as it will not only help in improving the quality and quantity of sleep but will also increase your life by making you healthier and strong.
- By making a little change in your routine can help you with getting proper sleep. For this you must avoid caffeinated drinks in the evening, eat 3 hours prior to bedtime and finally keep this routine the same throughout.