When the rain lashes down on you, it’s quite natural to seek shelter and a hot cup of tea or coffee. The last thing on our minds at that time would be to go out and walk or run in the rain as a means of exercise.
When the rain come down on us, you might like to consider exercising and losing weight too. Exercising is wonderful for woman’s health. If the idea of exercising in the rain grabs your attention, you could try these exercises:
Cycling: Once you’ve got your windbreaker and a pair of athletic shoes on, you’re ready to cycle in the rain. Cycling in the rain helps to burn more fat as you use much more effort to cycle in rainy weather. It helps tone your thighs and calves.
Swimming: If you can’t swim at the beach in rainy weather, why not go to a swimming pool and have a wonderful workout in the water? You can still get all the benefits of swimming, like a toned back, neck, shoulders, waist, and of course leg muscles too.
Stepping: Place your stepper in the rain and step on and off it for as long as you like.
Resistance exercises: It helps to do resistance exercises in the rain as it helps to strengthen the heart-related body functions while the legs give better stability and a much stronger core.
Benefits of exercising in the rain:
- Working out in the rain helps to build resistance and burn more calories.
- It has also been found to be invigorating and rejuvenating, besides keeping you energized.
- It also improves the resistance power of your body and makes your workout more productive.
- Wear polypropylene jogging bras and undies which don’t cling to your body in the rains.
- Wear only breathable and layered fabrics which don’t hold any moisture.
- Wear a water and wind-resistant jacket and footwear.
- Wear goggles so that your eyes doesn’t catch the rain.
- Wear a hat so that your face doesn’t drip with rain water.
- Wear brightly colored clothes so that you stand out in the dark.
- Run or walk a little away from the main road as passing cars can splash dirty rain water on you.
- If you see lightning or hear a clap of thunder, turn around and head back home. It isn’t safe to be out in such weather. In other words don’t exercise while its thundering or lightning outside.
- Remember exercising along with a healthy diet for women is a great way to maintain health