Over the centuries, women’s lives have changed a lot. Although now, their life has become more convenient than before, their bodies have become more prone to various health problems. Let us discuss some common women’s health issues below.
- Obesity: obesity is one of the most common problems among women of every age group around the world. It is not a disease itself but a condition, which can cause many health problems including increased risk of diabetes, heart disease and stroke. This can lead to infertility, menstrual abnormality and even miscarriage in pregnant woman. The main reason for obesity is the unhealthy lifestyle of a woman. They eat more calories and exercise less which in turn collects in their body as fats.
- Fibroids: menstruating women often are seen looking for their doctors because of heavy bleeding, and pains during their periods or when they are facing troubles in getting pregnant. This can be caused by fibroids or fibrous growth in the uterus. These often cause excessive pain in the uterus and can also lead to frequent urination. This is again a common ailment among woman that can cause cancer and infertility in women.
- Anemia: women who often feel tired before their day begins, have pale skin and brittle nails may be anemic. Anemia is another common women’s health problem caused by lack of red blood cells in their body, which further leads to lesser oxygen carrying hemoglobin (Hb) count. The low oxygen in blood makes you feel tired and exhausted and easily irritated. This is mainly caused by lack of iron and vitamin B2, B6, and B12 in the diet.
- Breast cancer: this is one of the greatest health fears for a woman. Women, especially who live an urban lifestyle are more prone to having breast cancer as they are engaged into very unhealthy activities including, intake of unhealthy food, alcohol and tobacco consumption and no exercise. The most obvious signs are rash around the nipples, mass in the breast or dimpling of breast skin. Whenever you note any of these symptoms, you must seek for immediate medical attention
- Heart disease: heart disease is another health issues that has majorly affected many women and have caused a major risk to the lives of women of almost every age, even more than cancers. An increased unhealthy lifestyle is the main cause of heart disease. Busy and hectic schedules leading to stress, smoking and drinking are some of the other reasons causing heart disease. Many women have blockage in the smaller arteries which can’t be easily detected in angiography. Heart disease in women is often judged by shortness of breath, discomfort in either or both arms, nausea, and pain in the jaw or back.
Most of these common issues in a woman’s health are due to unhealthy lifestyles including eating junk food, smoking, drinking, lack of physical activity and eating irregularly. Once a woman switches to living a healthy lifestyle by eating a nutritious diet, giving up alcohol, tobacco and smoking along with following a regular exercise routine, she will definitely become more immune to any of the above problems.