Freezer-friendly meals are a bonus to busy moms who don’t have the time to sweat in the kitchen for hours to cook a sumptuous meal. You can make a huge batch of your favorite freezable dinners and store in the freezer for weeks as your go-to dinner. Beef patty is one such dish which can be frozen raw till you get a meat craving. Simply defrost and bake in the oven at 350 degrees F until its internal temperature soars up to 160 degrees F to enjoy a comforting dinner after a tiresome day as a busy mom. While sandwiching these patties between bun halves is the most popular way to enjoy them, have them with crunchy leafy greens and sweet potato fries for a yummier, healthy dinner.
But no matter how you serve beef patties, they tend to taste boring at times. Though different choices of meat and seasonings kill the monotony to some extent, but introducing an unconventional ingredient can make the flavors pop! Blueberries do the job perfectly and not only add a pleasant fruity sweetness to the otherwise savory flavors of the patties but also make them melt in your mouth. And using healthy berries in your dinner has its own perks too! To begin with, they are loaded with vitamins and minerals like Vitamin A and K, calcium, iron and potassium. They supply a healthy dose of carbs that restore the energy you have lost throughout the day.
Let’s not make you wait anymore and run off to the recipe!
- 1 lb. 93% lean ground beef
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ cup steel-cut oatmeal
- 1 tbsp. cumin powder
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Toss the oats, blueberries and garlic with Worcestershire sauce and a dash each of cumin, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Place the ground beef in it and mix them together with your hands until nicely incorporated,
- Split the mixture into 4 equal portions and shape each of them into 4’’ wide patty of 1’’ thickness.
- Mist cooking spray on a skillet and heat it over medium-high heat.
- Place the patties on it and cook each side for 4-5 minutes or until its internal temperature rises to 160 degrees F as indicated by an instant-read thermometer.
- Slide two on each serving plate and enjoy with your family.
Image credit: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Biftekia.jpg