Everybody have their own opinion about how they like their banana bread. However we can’t argue that many if not most people like their banana bread moist and delicious. If you are looking for healthy moist banana bread then you came to the right spot. This recipe uses whole wheat flour unlike most other recipes and includes walnuts which are optional. You can add as many walnuts to this recipe as you like. We are sure you will like all the ingredients in this banana bread. Enjoy!
1 cup self-rising whole wheat flour
¼ cup organic sugar
½ cup orange juice
2 ripe bananas
¼ cup vegetable oil
¼ cup walnuts (optional)
• Preheat oven to 350F and coat loaf pan with oil spray.
• Mix the flour and sugar in a bowl.
• In another bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
• Add bananas, orange juice, oil and egg to the flour mix.
• Add walnuts if desired
• Mix to a smooth mixture, pour into the loaf pan.
• Bake at 350F on oven’s middle rack for 45 minutes.
• Once cooked let it cool. Serve.
Photo credit: Banana bread from scratch by Islandgirlphotography