Long gone are the days when people used to get their daily dose of nutrients from real juices. Smoothie is the latest buzzword among the health enthusiasts with its green version taking the forefront. Unlike juices, smoothies don’t strip away the dietary fibers and hence keeps you full for a longer period. It’s also a great way to disguise the super foods which you otherwise hate to eat and pair them with other healthy ingredients for a yummy sip. No wonder smoothie is here to rule!
Though popping a bottle of prepackaged smoothie sounds like a great idea for busy bees but the high price tag leads to a slimmer wallet. Instead, put the ingredients in a blender, blend and your daily dose of health is ready in a matter of minutes. While a plethora of smoothie recipes are there to serve you, green smoothies deserve a special mention. With green veggies being the core ingredient, green smoothies are meant to detoxify, nourish and load your body with cancer-fighting antioxidants; just like this creamy fruity delight. Fruits like peach and pineapples make sure that it doesn’t taste a bit like vegetables while the banana makes it deliciously velvety. The tart zing of lime brightens it up further and turns it into a drink you would love to savor during any part of the day.
The ingredients not only makes the drink taste mouth-watering good, but also turns it into an excellent source of flavonoids, folate, Vitamins A & K, iron, Magnesium and lots more. It drains out the wretched toxins from the body and is great for your heart as well. So grab your blender and go blending!
- 1-2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 frozen ripe banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 peach, peeled and sliced
- 1 ¼ cups pineapple chunks
- 1 lime, juiced and zest grated
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- Toss the banana chunks into a blender and pour in the almond milk.
- Blend for 3 minutes into a thick, smooth puree and throw in the remaining fruits.
- Add the yogurt and blend further until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend into a smooth puree.
- Pour it down into a tall glass and plop in a few ice cubes.
- Serve chilled.
Image credit: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:L%C3%B6wenzahn-Smoothie.jpg