Lemon is a citrus fruit regarded by many for its therapeutic properties. This little yellow fruit consist of a plethora of healthy nutrients that are essential to maintain the health of both women and men. In this article we shall be discussing the numerous health benefits of this tiny sun that you can hold in your hand.
- Despite of the sour taste of lemons, they are known to include healthy sugars that are used by the body for energy.
- Lemons consist of concentrated citric acid or vitamin C, which is an essential vitamin required for maintaining the health of cells.
- This tiny yellow fruit is rich in potassium, which is helpful to normalize blood pressure, help you concentrate better, and also maintain water balance in the body.
- Sore throat issues can be sorted out with a mixture of honey and lemon juice or simply gargle with a mix of lemon and warm water to get rid of the unpleasant bacteria on the throat. The vitamin C and flavonoid content of lemons are helpful to eradicate flu and cold infections.
- It is used as a disinfectant and soothes itching skin.
- When a mixture of lemon juice and water is consumed regularly before breakfast, it acts as a detox agent and cleans the liver and intestines. This improves the metabolism and therefore helps with weight loss.
- The alkalizing property of lemons is helpful to restore the body’s pH balance.
- The powerful antibacterial properties of lemon assist in curing many diseases like malaria, typhoid, cholera and other hazardous diseases.
Benefits of lemons specifically for women’s health
From the information above we now know about the several health benefits of lemons. Now we shall discuss how lemons benefit women’s health.
- Uric acid is a common problem many women suffer. It can cause painful ankles and joints. Drinking lemon juice with water neutralizes the effect of uric acid and detoxify the liver.
- A glass of warm lemon juice when consumed as the very first thing in morning helps to create a bowel movement and flush out waste from the body. Constipation and other digestive problems, which are again common in women, can be resolved using lemons. Drinking lemon juice is also useful for nausea and diarrhea problems.
- Another common problem that a woman might face in her life includes gallstones and kidney stones. The citric acid of lemons can dissolve these and flushes them out of the body.
- The free radicals in the body of a woman can accelerate the process of aging. The vitamin C of lemons is helpful in neutralizing them, hence slowing down aging.
- Many brain disorders like Parkinson’s and Alzheimer can be treated with potent phytonutrient tangeretin, which is present in lemon peel.
- The rutin present in lemons can improve the vision disorders caused by diabetes.
- The cancerous problems in a woman can be treated with lemons as they contain anti-cancerous compounds like limonene and flavonol glycosides.